Intermonte is one of the main independent investment banks in Italy and for over 20 years has been a leading light on the Italian market for Italian and foreign institutional investors as well as for listed and unlisted mid-small caps.
The Investment Banking division boasts wide operational experience in Equity Capital Markets, M&A & Financial Advisory, and Debt Capital Markets.
In particular, Intermonte is among the protagonists for listings on the MTA and AIM in Italy and is the leader in IPOs and Equity Capital Market operations for medium caps, having taken part in over 50 IPOs, acting mainly as Global Coordinator, Bookrunner and Sponsor.
Our Investment Banking strengths:
- Significant team experience involving highly qualified professionals with multi-disciplinary know-how, and proven capability gained in many operations over the last 20 years including:
- > 50 IPOs
- 25 Private placements/ABBs
- > 10 Rights issues
- > 10 Translistings
- > 60 M&A operations
- > 50 Corporate and project bonds / loans
- > 20 equity-linked issues and corporate equity derivatives
- Recognised independence, as testified by the fact that Intermonte is controlled by its own management, who have worked together for many years.
- Leadership in capital markets and equity research makes it possible to carry out successful listings or other operations to support already listed companies thanks to in-depth knowledge of financial investors.
- Opinion leader on Small/Mid-Caps thanks to specific skills built up over the years which are fundamental for the success of the listing and extraordinary financing of an SME.
- Ongoing support for client companies, with whom we have worked side-by-side over the years in extraordinary operations and at the various stages of growth and development.
EQUITY CAPITAL MARKETS
The equity capital markets team offers listed and unlisted companies a complete range of services that leverages on a sales force for the Italian equity market that boasts solid relationships with Italian and international investors going back many years, and research whose quality has been recognised by a steady stream of awards from the most important international ranking bodies.
- IPOs, Listings and Translistings
- Placements and Issues
- Private Placements, ABBs and reverse ABBs
- Rights Issues
- Derivative-based stake building solutions
M&A & ADVISORY
The M&A and Advisory team offers financial consultancy to listed and unlisted Italian and foreign companies, as well as Italian and international private equity funds, and full support in extraordinary financing operations.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint-ventures and partnerships
- Public takeover offers
- Divestments, carve-outs/ spin-offs
- Fairness opinions / company valuations
DEBT CAPITAL MARKETS AND DEBT ADVISORY
The debt capital markets & advisory team offers listed and unlisted companies a complete range of financing solutions that goes from private and public bond placements to minibonds, thanks to maintaining close relationships with Italian and foreign investors.
- Bond issues, private placements and “minibonds”
- Consultancy on capital market access
- Project finance and project bonds for the energy and infrastructure sectors
- Issuing of convertible and exchangeable instruments
Intermonte is among the leaders on the Italian market for Specialist and Corporate Broking, supporting listed companies seeking institutional investors and promoting meetings with the financial community, with the objective of increasing stock visibility and liquidity.
- Specialist and Corporate Brokerage operations
- Corporate access
- Roadshows and meetings with investors
- Buybacks and liquidity provider
- Market intelligence and performance analysis
- Analysis of target investors
- Corporate advisor for Boards of Directors